MACHU PICCHU DAY TRIP FROM CUSCO
You are thinking about taking a trip for your holidays and have decided to come to Peru but do not know how to travel to Machu Picchu day trip from Cusco? Many tourists who want to travel to Peru and know Machu Picchu wonder how they can get to this wonderful citadel Inca in just one day, because in this article we will offer you travel tips, things to do before traveling and what things you should take on your day trip to Machu Picchu, you should know that there are two seasons to travel to Cusco and know Machu Picchu the high season and the low season these two seasons are known as dry season and rainy season of these two seasons depends on high prices and low prices of travel packages and tourist services for travelers, there are three ways to travel to Machu Picchu are the most used by travelers in the following article we tell you what they are and how to follow these steps to make your trip to Machu Picchu in one day:
- The first way to get to Machu Picchu tours is to go by car from Cusco to the town of Hidroeléctrica. The trip time lasts approximately 4 hours, then you must walk until you reach the town of Aguas Calientes, from here you can choose if you go up to Machu Picchu walking for 2 hours or up by tourist bus for 30 minutes the cost of the tourist bus is 25.00 USD round trip and you can buy it in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- The second way to get to Machu Picchu is through the beautiful Inca Trail and magnificent place to hike, it was considered one of the best destinations in the world for hiking in Cusco, they say that the Inca Trail would have used as a means of communication in the Inca times, the Inca Trail is only allowed to travel if you have taken the services of an accredited Travel Agency to operate this route to Machu Picchu, you can not walk individually through this place because it is controlled by INRENA and other state institutions, the price for the Inca Trail goes from $ 600.00 USD. To more, according to the seasons and should be reserved with a lot of time in advance.
- The third way to get to Machu Picchu is through the tourist train service this service is the most taken by tourists who want to visit Machu Picchu but the demand for this service is sometimes very expensive to buy train tickets and other Sometimes there is no availability, the trains run two routes, the route from Ollantaytambo to the town that Aguas Calientes, or the route from Poroy to Aguas Calientes, there are two railway companies that operate this route and are Inca Rail and Peru Rail, if you want buy tickets to take the trains you can do in different places in person in the city of Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes or online from the websites of companies, we must mention that the minimum cost for the use of the train tourist is $ 130.00 USD round trip. In either of the two companies.
WHAT THINGS I SHOULD TO BRING FOR A DAY TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU
- Comfortable shoes.
- Mosquito Repellent.
- Sun hat.
- Rain cover.
- Mineral water.
PRICES OF ENTRANCE TICKETS TO MACHU PICCHU
- Machu Picchu only = S / 152.00 (US $ 50.00).
- Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu = S / 200.00 (US $ 63.00).
- Machu Picchu + Mountain = S / 200.00 (US $ 63.00).
- Student with Student Card = S / 77.00 (US $ 24.00).
- Children & Teen under 17 = S / 72.00 (US $ 23.00).
With the information previously provided you have three alternatives to choose how to travel to Machu Picchu in a day, if you do not want to waste more time looking for information do not hesitate to contact us to be able to offer you a complete advice to organize your trip so you will have to Worry about nothing just enjoying and having good times on your vacation.