Pallay Punchu is a new mountain of colors located in the province of Canas. It was discovered in 2020 when the entire population was at home due to covid 19. On a normal day, Ing. Tony Ccalta Arce went for a walk around the town from Layo, approximately two hours walking, so much would be his astonishment that when approaching one of the mountains he observed that they resembled an Andean poncho with its natural colors, it is for this reason that it was named Pallay Punchu in Quechua, which means mountain in the form of an Andean poncho. other people call it sharp mountain or blade mountain but the proper name is mountain in the form of an Andean poncho,
Pallay Punchu Itinerary
Early in the morning we will leave Cusco, our work team will pick you up at your hotel at 04:00 hours, then we will continue towards the town of Colca to have our breakfast, we will arrive in the city of Sicuani at 08:00 hours, we will take the Cusco highway – Arequipa and then go to the town of Layo.
In this town we will make a stop to buy some things for the road, at 10:00 a.m. we will arrive at the beginning of our walk to Pallay Punchu, our tour guide will give you all the information about the creation of Pallay Punchu we will have approximately two hours to take photos and relax for a while, at the end of the tour we will return to Colca for lunch and finally return to Cusco at approximately 6pm.
Pallay Punchu Location
Pallay Punchu is located in the department of Cusco in the province of Canas, 30 minutes from the City of Sicuani on the Cusco – Puno highway, it has two entrances through the town of Layo and the town of Ocobamba, both towns with wonderful landscapes.
When Pallay Punchu was discovered
Pallay Punchu was discovered in May 2020 by engineer Tony Ccalta Arce.
¿What should I bring to the Pallay Punchu ?
- Personal Medicines.
- Warm clothing, gloves, hat.
- Sunglasses, towels.
- Water 02 liters.
- Toilet paper.
- Blocker alone factor 50+ recommended.
- Extra money.
- Contact us our Whatsap: https://wa.me/51915085101
- Breakfast and Lunch.
- Walking Stiks.
- Oxygen balloon.
Does not include:
- Travel insurance.
- Services not mentioned.
• If you come to Cusco to visit Pallay Punchu, you should take a lot of water for you keep hydratate, then everyday you should have a Coca tea cup to combat the Altitude Sickness, all hotels in Cusco offers you a cup of coca tea upon your arrival in our city.
• Cusco it’s a magical city, after your visit to Pallay Punchu you should spend some hours exploring the city, you can find cultural, relax and peace places, we will be willing to give some recommendations.
#pallaypunchutrek #pallaypunchutrekking #pallaypunchutour #howtogettopallaypunchu #whereislocatedpallaypunchu #whenpallaypunchuwasdiscovered #tourpallaypunchu #pallaypunchutickets